Open Surge Forum

A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2019-09-20 01:54:43

Darkcreator83

error can't load sound "charge" in Open Surge 0.5.0-RC1 (Release Can

sad hello alexandre  remplaced files  sprites, images, characters   and  objects the archive Sonic Team for Open Surge engine, message error " can't load sound "charge" , I do not understand , if I put the files correctly, help me alexandre I want to play with sonic tails and knuckles and base my mod  "Sonic the hegdehog adventure" on the new version.

#2 2019-09-20 03:54:41

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Re: error can't load sound "charge" in Open Surge 0.5.0-RC1 (Release Can

Get a clean build. You're likely to be using a very old build and mixing files. Many things have changed.

You have to check your logfile to see what exactly triggers the message. There's no more sound "charge". You must specify the path to your .wav sounds in your files (characters, scripts, and so on).

#3 2019-09-20 14:00:05

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:

Get a clean build. You're likely to be using a very old build and mixing files. Many things have changed.

You have to check your logfile to see what exactly triggers the message. There's no more sound "charge". You must specify the path to your .wav sounds in your files (characters, scripts, and so on).

big_smile I have already solved it, I make a new sonic, with new movements and better than before, now I have to do the same, with knuckles and tails, greetings.

#4 2019-09-20 14:31:51

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

big_smile I have already solved it, I make a new sonic, with new movements and better than before, now I have to do the same, with knuckles and tails, greetings.

Cool!

Let me know: how is the Windows build of RC1 going for you? Working fine? Good performance? Any issues?

What is your Windows version?

Thanks!

#5 2019-09-21 11:30:26

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

Cool!

Let me know: how is the Windows build of RC1 going for you? Working fine? Good performance? Any issues?

What is your Windows version?

Thanks!

my windows 10,  open sourge 0.5.0 rc1 very good in my system, problems remplace shields, y  object bridge compatible version 0.2.0 open sourge? and pendular plataforms ?:|

#6 2019-09-24 01:39:02

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Darkcreator83 wrote:

my windows 10,  open sourge 0.5.0 rc1 very good in my system, problems remplace shields, y  object bridge compatible version 0.2.0 open sourge? and pendular plataforms ?:|

Good to hear it's working very nicely on your system!

I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase it? Bridges are scripts created in SurgeScript, which is available starting from engine version 0.5.0. Pendular platforms are also available starting from 0.5.0.

#7 2019-09-25 21:41:48

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:

Good to hear it's working very nicely on your system!

I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase it? Bridges are scripts created in SurgeScript, which is available starting from engine version 0.5.0. Pendular platforms are also available starting from 0.5.0.

hello alexandre , I want to add the shields of fire, water and electricity of my mod, but when replacing them, they do not come out correctly, I want to add new animations that interact with the objects, for example, the aerial object, but it  not come out, I want to add new animations and with What name to use? neutral

#8 2019-09-25 23:09:18

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Darkcreator83 wrote:

hello alexandre , I want to add the shields of fire, water and electricity of my mod, but when replacing them, they do not come out correctly, I want to add new animations that interact with the objects, for example, the aerial object, but it  not come out, I want to add new animations and with What name to use?

The names of the sprites have been replaced in the new version. Currently, you can edit the shields by editing sprites/misc/shields.spr

Board footer