You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2019-05-12 02:02:09

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Waterworks Beta

I decided to learn pixel art. So I created the full brickset for Waterworks Zone. The level features indoors and outdoor environments, as well as some gimmicks. The backgrounds and the baddies in the video are provisional.

https://youtu.be/GtRAeV6HRp8

big_smile

#2 2019-05-30 22:00:42

KZR
Website

Re: Waterworks Beta

I suggest we use this topic to further discuss the development of this level

I like it, and the flow is just right.

one suggestion though:

s000.png

these can be used to create water slides. Silverstepp had these and some nice objects in his mods that we could also port since they are pretty generic. with his permission, of course.

SD_sml.pngSeD_sml.pngLTot_W_sml.png
https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m ---> Open Surge's Discord server

#3 2019-05-30 22:44:23

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

KZR wrote:

I suggest we use this topic to further discuss the development of this level

Hey KZR, I mentioned earlier that I would be taking development more private.

I intend to keep it more private because there is much less overhead this way. We're close to a release and I want things to go faster now.

You can do brainstorming in the forum if you wish, but I won't be discussing long details here.

KZR wrote:

these can be used to create water slides. Silverstepp had these and some nice objects in his mods that we could also port since they are pretty generic. with his permission, of course.

Great idea. Draw a sprite and send it to me. I can write it in SurgeScript, no problem.

KZR wrote:

I like it, and the flow is just right.

Thanks.

#4 2019-06-01 10:56:25

KZR
Website

Alexandre wrote:

I mentioned earlier that I would be taking development more private.

I intend to keep it more private because there is much less overhead this way. We're close to a release and I want things to go faster now.

You're right, but it seems we're the only ones actively involved in anything at all, and therefore I was hoping that the community would help us with brainstorming and feedback and not necessarily with direct involvement in the dev process.

I have been very busy with work and life and come here like once or twice in a week to check up on things, and the community seems to have stagnated again. I wouldn't mind taking a more active role in the project, provided I have enough time.

I will discuss further details on Discord

SD_sml.pngSeD_sml.pngLTot_W_sml.png
https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m ---> Open Surge's Discord server

#5 2019-06-02 08:53:44

TheSeventhEmerald

I'm also reading you from time to time -now that I have time I'm always with an eye on this project. I also have availability to work on the music.

Do we have Waterworks music? I could compose something smile

Piece of cake...!

#6 2019-06-03 01:22:23

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

TheSeventhEmerald wrote:

I'm also reading you from time to time -now that I have time I'm always with an eye on this project. I also have availability to work on the music.

Do we have Waterworks music? I could compose something smile

Yes, we do have music for Waterworks (you hear it in the video). This is a music composed by Di Rodrigues, and I find it to be great work, of excellent quality. The only thing is: I remember him telling me at the time that it wasn't 100% done (I find it usable, but he is very demanding of his own work). Ideally, it would have a duration of at least 2 minutes.

Di Rodrigues has also composed music for Sunshine Paradise, but that one is significantly incomplete, and I'll have to change it. Would you like to work on that?

Since it's the music of the first level, it must be truly truly excellent (try several versions). Check the concept art, use a non-restrictive license (CC-0, CC-BY) and, most of all: Put energy in the music. (give it life)

jobro had also tried to compose music for Sunshine Paradise, but the music hasn't quite grasped the high energy of the level (the high energy of the Sun, shining so joyfully!).

Do you have a Discord account? We can discuss further development there.

#7 2019-06-03 17:27:39

TheSeventhEmerald

Roger! I'll try with that. It's a big challenge for me, but I think I can do it big_smile

I have Discord. I'll send you it via private message later, and we can discuss about references and so on.

About the licenses, no prob -I changed on SoundCloud the license of the Crystal Temple one to adequate it to the requirements of the project, and so I'll do for the next ones smile

Piece of cake...!

Board footer