A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2019-12-14 19:58:14

Darkcreator83

Sonic the hedgehog adventure Version Final

Hello again smile

Many will know my mod, I changed my account,  I'm creatorsonic83, My game was incomplete, I've been finishing my mod lately, since it uses version 2 of opensourge.

I had to add things and improve some levels, there were bad areas, now I am reviewing the levels, correcting brickset The 1 level that you have seen before in my yotube account, has been refurbished and created again, I have used some sonic mania, check goal, springs, rings, etc. big_smile

Also edit the winnigs of tails and knuckles,I have changed the introduction of the game, I have added cutscenes for the levels, also the characters that can be used in each level, now you can see before playing the level which characters can be used.

I have changed some sections of the levels, the previous ones that had not served me for the things that I added sad
I need very little to finish my game smile  I plan to launch on January 8, 2020:D

The story of my game is simple, it is a fangame that compiles the best levels of the sonic franchise, but the sections, are different from the original ones and have more decoration and new elements, apart they are very large and you can explore the levels, here there are no robotnik enemies, represents of eggman has been defeated and only the surviving robots remain. tongue

It is a fangame to enjoy it visually, I wanted to add special levels with the big rings, but I decided that when you pass 6 levels there is a bonus level at the end, there are no emerald chaos either, because sonic already gathered them all. wink

Here I put a list of all levels, they are 100% finished, but I am modifying some things and correcting some bricks big_smile

-neo green hill - act 1, 2 and 3 ( remake green hill - sonic 1 mega drive)
-neo greenhills - act 1, 2 and 3 ( remake greenhills - sonic 2 master system)
-neo bridge zone - act 1, 2 and 3 ( remake bridge zone - sonic 1 master system)
-neo acuatic rijin zone - act 1, 2 and 3 (remake acuatic rijin - sonic 2 megadrive/genesis)
-neo hidro city zone - act 1, 2  and 3 ( remake hidro city - sonic 3 sega genesis)
- hill mountain zone   - act 1, 2 and 3 ( remake hill top - sonic 2 megadrive/genesis)
- ice cap zone  - act 1,2 and 3 ( remake ice cap - sonic 3 sega genesis)
-flying battery zone  act 1 and  2 ( remake  flying battery - sonic and knukless sega genesis)
-Flying carrier zone act 3 ( remake wing fortress - sonic 2 -megadrive/genesis)
- city scape zone
act 1, 2 and 3 (remake conversion 16 bits - sonic adventure 2 - dreamcast)
-Metal harbour zone act 1 , 2 and 3  (remake conversion 16 bits - sonic adventure 2 - dreamcast)
-Twinkle park act1  (remake conversion 16 bits - sonic adventure  - dreamcast)
- Pleasure castle zone act 2 and 3  (remake conversion 16 bits - sonic adventure 2 - dreamcast)
-Neo chemical plant zone act 1,2 and 3 ( remake chemical plant sonic 2 - megadrive/genesis)
-city robotnik zone  act 1, 2 and 3 (remake fusion stages scrap brain - sonic 1 megadrive, egg utopia sonic advance 2, egg rocket zone/cosmic angel sonic advance)

cool

Hello arrivated version final, to download  game, fun, fun fun¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡:D

My canal, all videos the stages ¡¡¡¡¡¡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3nFdLWvOrs&t=241s

Download link my game :

https://mega.nz/file/oU5SEa6I#Q9_hHnoCg … hRTn8MLOgY

Greetings friends¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ wink

Last edited by Darkcreator83 (2020-07-24 22:49:09)

#2 2019-12-14 23:04:41

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Re: Sonic the hedgehog adventure Version Final

Hey friend, that's great news!

I can see that you use the old version of the engine. Why not use the new one? It's possible to port the game with simple changes, and you'll get many benefits such as SurgeScript and improved physics.

You have put a lot of effort in the level design, and the game will be benefited with the new physics!

Yours is one of the best MODs. I would love to see it in the new engine!

#3 2019-12-15 02:06:46

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:

Hey friend, that's great news!

I can see that you use the old version of the engine. Why not use the new one? It's possible to port the game with simple changes, and you'll get many benefits such as SurgeScript and improved physics.

You have put a lot of effort in the level design, and the game will be benefited with the new physics!

Yours is one of the best MODs. I would love to see it in the new engine!

Hello alexandre smile

I want to finish my mod, with version 2, I have a new project for the new version, it will be a mixture of the sonic 1 and sonic 2 levels of the master system, later I will pass it to the new version or when it is in download my game, I give you permission to make the appropriate changes for the new version, my mission is to be able to have all the bricksets of the sonic saga available to use them at opensurge so that our community can make its own levels with all the levels there are, as they do in the sonic hacks there are lately. cool hihi greetings.

#4 2019-12-15 16:20:08

Darkcreator83

Hello big_smile   new video  in my canal City robotnik act 1 , 2 and 3 cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh5nmcx4hPw

Greetings¡¡¡¡¡¡ big_smile

Last edited by Darkcreator83 (2019-12-15 16:20:40)

#5 2019-12-15 17:06:54

Darkcreator83

New video Neo Chemical Plant act 1 ,2 and 3 cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=852ACrV … e=youtu.be   wink

Greetings

#6 2019-12-16 00:46:50

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Your zones are huge, there is much to explore, and you pay attention to detail. The parallax backgrounds work great.

Can't wait to play.

How long do you take to make a zone?

#7 2019-12-16 23:25:09

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:

Your zones are huge, there is much to explore, and you pay attention to detail. The parallax backgrounds work great.

Can't wait to play.

How long do you take to make a zone?

It takes about 4 hours, it depends if the level has more details, right now I'm modifying the background of neo greenhills and act 2 I'm doing it the  0 smile

Whenever I do a level, I play it many times to see if I have to adjust some defective bricks or remove and add objects, I always look for that I can play fluently. tongue

greetings alexandre¡¡¡¡¡:cool:

#8 2019-12-19 13:51:35

KZR
Website

I have two minor things bothering me

the loading screen - you're mimicking a Sega game, as if it was made by them. but the default Surge loading screen still shows. I Suggest you either use a black screen or something Sega/Sonic related

the camera/resolution - I see you're using a 4:3 resolution, maybe an old build from the engine as well. If you update the engine you get widescreen by default. If you wish to keep the 4:3 ratio, you could place the camera slightly in front of the direction the player is moving in.

https://youtu.be/upArOIYoFes

This was made in 0.1.4 and the legacy script might even be compatible with newer builds. notice that the camera accelerates faster than the player, but the maximum speed is the same. when the player stops, or isn't pressing left/right, the camera does a fast mosquito_movement to find the player, and centers on the player within a certain range

Last edited by KZR (2019-12-19 13:54:31)

SD_sml.pngSeD_sml.pngLTot_W_sml.png
https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m ---> Open Surge's Discord server

#9 2019-12-21 01:08:43

Darkcreator83

KZR wrote:

I have two minor things bothering me

the loading screen - you're mimicking a Sega game, as if it was made by them. but the default Surge loading screen still shows. I Suggest you either use a black screen or something Sega/Sonic related

the camera/resolution - I see you're using a 4:3 resolution, maybe an old build from the engine as well. If you update the engine you get widescreen by default. If you wish to keep the 4:3 ratio, you could place the camera slightly in front of the direction the player is moving in.

https://youtu.be/upArOIYoFes

This was made in 0.1.4 and the legacy script might even be compatible with newer builds. notice that the camera accelerates faster than the player, but the maximum speed is the same. when the player stops, or isn't pressing left/right, the camera does a fast mosquito_movement to find the player, and centers on the player within a certain range

smile hello kzr ¡¡¡ Thank you, I will consider it, That is why I mentioned that I am polishing things about the game, I also mentioned that my mod was left halfway when I was version 2, now I have finished my game with the second version, I have another project that will use the most recent version, now I am focused on the playability of the levels, there are areas of my levels that need improvement, I try to be as fluid as possible when you play.

but what do you think of my levels? tongue

greetings¡¡¡¡

Last edited by Darkcreator83 (2019-12-21 01:14:13)

#10 2019-12-21 01:10:13

Darkcreator83

Hello ¡¡¡¡¡ new video neo greenhills act 1 , 2 and 3 actualized big_smile

link the video cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiBo83b … e=youtu.be

greetings wink

Last edited by Darkcreator83 (2019-12-21 01:10:34)

#11 2019-12-22 03:15:47

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

We have mentioned the new engine more than once because there are many benefits to be gained. You're using a version that's more than 6 years old, and the engine has come a long way since that time. Not only that, but the new engine is mostly retro-compatible with the old one. You would need to change things to accommodate the 16:9 widescreen resolution, but even that would be beneficial to the players.

You clearly have levels that are nice to play and you have put a lot of effort on the project, but the game is missing out a lot considering the new engine is retro-compatible.

#12 2019-12-24 19:52:56

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:

We have mentioned the new engine more than once because there are many benefits to be gained. You're using a version that's more than 6 years old, and the engine has come a long way since that time. Not only that, but the new engine is mostly retro-compatible with the old one. You would need to change things to accommodate the 16:9 widescreen resolution, but even that would be beneficial to the players.

You clearly have levels that are nice to play and you have put a lot of effort on the project, but the game is missing out a lot considering the new engine is retro-compatible.

Could you tell me how to make the changes, I have replaced the files but I still have problems, some backgrounds are large and I get an error message about the size, so I use the previous version, because I have to make many changes in my game, Therefore, I use the previous version, I will finish it, then whoever wants to pass it to the new version by making all the changes, and in my new project I will use the recent version. smile

#13 2019-12-24 22:08:49

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Darkcreator83 wrote:

Could you tell me how to make the changes, I have replaced the files but I still have problems, some backgrounds are large and I get an error message about the size, so I use the previous version, because I have to make many changes in my game, Therefore, I use the previous version, I will finish it, then whoever wants to pass it to the new version by making all the changes, and in my new project I will use the recent version. smile

Absolutely! If you have any questions, simply ask, and we can help.

If you need help with a specific error, you may start a new thread, show the error message, paste the logfile.txt and show related files if applicable (background scripts, images, etc.)

A background error is likely to be simple to solve.

You have mentioned large backgrounds and an error about the size. I need to check your logfile to be sure, but this might be related to a hard limit imposed on the image size on the Allegro 5 version of the code. Unlike Allegro 4, which stored images on the RAM, the A5
code stores them in video memory. There's a 2048x2048 limit to ensure Open Surge games work on virtually all video cards. If this is your problem, all you have to do is split the image into different files and update the background script accordingly.

#14 2020-01-03 14:40:51

Darkcreator83

smile hey guys level Neo bridge zone finish¡¡¡¡ big_smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sja3LQ … e=youtu.be

greetings¡¡¡ cool

#15 2020-01-03 16:05:28

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Cool cool

#16 2020-01-20 22:26:53

Darkcreator83

hello people¡¡¡¡ cool new video play game neo acutic ruin zone 1 2 3 finish,  and especial zone 2 included in video, greetings roll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MF0c1N … e=youtu.be

#17 2020-01-21 15:03:32

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

I like this video more, because you don't hold yourself back during gameplay. You allow yourself to run fearlessly. I find really good loops & rhythm (7:05 is awesome). The background is colorful, and so are bricks, making them appealing to the eye.

Your special stage looks really nice, congratulations cool A timer countdown could make it more challenging

Any plans regarding the release date?

#18 2020-01-21 23:13:36

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:

I like this video more, because you don't hold yourself back during gameplay. You allow yourself to run fearlessly. I find really good loops & rhythm (7:05 is awesome). The background is colorful, and so are bricks, making them appealing to the eye.

Your special stage looks really nice, congratulations cool A timer countdown could make it more challenging

Any plans regarding the release date?

hello alexandre cool thanks for view the video, the loops of the old levels, are defective, are not well done, I am improving the levels, hydro city zone I only made small changes, now the tobogan are sliding and I have included fans that raise you to arrive, some area has changed, think that the levels that I created do not even remember them and I go slowly, if you have noticed brigde zone it is a very treacherous level and it confuses you there is the difficulty, very soon I will upload the video with the new improvements that hydro city zone has, the next level ice cap zone I will only change the loopings, because all you pass behind and the good thing about 2d is that you go through and then go back, all the levels you have seen, the looping was not good, try to have the least possible errors and I give it more time, I still don't know the release date, but it will be a first here, when I have finished fixing things, I can be satisfied to finish a project with an old version and my next project I will use the updated version, I want my fangame to be the best version 2 game ever made in opensurge, hehe big_smile greetings

Last edited by Darkcreator83 (2020-01-21 23:14:41)

#19 2020-01-26 03:44:52

Darkcreator83

hello guys new video playgame Neo Hidro city Zone act 1 2 3¡¡¡¡ cool link video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAcYkLKnV6s&t=413s

greetings.

#20 2020-01-26 16:37:36

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Very well done cool

Cool level design, you've clearly got a good grip on this and on this engine

#21 2020-01-31 00:32:48

Darkcreator83

Thanks alexandre, new video playgame mounatin hill zone 1 2 3, added 2 new music for level, redesigned and modification parts the level, greetings¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qrs2cE … e=youtu.be

cool

#22 2020-01-31 12:31:32

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

This one I like less, because the level has many different styles of pixel art mixed in it. The mixture doesn't fit well (the background is one example). Shapes and colors of similar elements are dissimilar.

That ropeway is a set of movable bricks, isn't it? That's really a creative idea, it's awesome what you invented, you get inside.

#23 2020-01-31 14:32:04

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:

This one I like less, because the level has many different styles of pixel art mixed in it. The mixture doesn't fit well (the background is one example). Shapes and colors of similar elements are dissimilar.

That ropeway is a set of movable bricks, isn't it? That's really a creative idea, it's awesome what you invented, you get inside.

hello alexandre smile Does that mean I have to better integrate the snowy landscape with the level? that is, houses with snow and some sections with snow, for example? Do you notice much the contrast of one part of the mountain and on the other side a winter landscape? hmm

I can integrate snow throughout the level, I have decided to change the things you want to say, it's easy to do smile I will work on it, greetings.

#24 2020-01-31 15:19:44

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

hello alexandre smile Does that mean I have to better integrate the snowy landscape with the level? that is, houses with snow and some sections with snow, for example? Do you notice much the contrast of one part of the mountain and on the other side a winter landscape? hmm

I can integrate snow throughout the level, I have decided to change the things you want to say, it's easy to do smile I will work on it, greetings.

What I really want to say is for you to port your game to the new engine, either now or after you release it. Not only because of the new physics, the widescreen, and the new features, but because it would be awesome to play it on mobile too. I understand you want to finish it, and that's great, but maybe you could have a second release later. Anyway I don't want to get repetitive and you've already answered.

Regarding this level, I suggest that you keep the art style consistent. You've been using Genesis-style on your other levels, so stick to it. Replacing the background entirely is a good idea. I also suggest recreating the houses.

It's up to you to decide whether this is a mountain level or a snow level. You have flowers growing abundantly in your platforms, as in spring time. So in my opinion it doesn't look right to have dense snow nearby. Perhaps you could have a bit of snow far away on the background, on top of mountains, but not too much. Alternatively, you could have snow all around. In this case, I suggest replacing the platforms accordingly. So it would be a snow level on the mountains.

#25 2020-01-31 23:58:36

Darkcreator83

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

Hello alexandre  , I have already changed the background, now it has more bg layers and now if it is a very handsome alpine mountain level, I am uploading the new video to youtube and I have added a jumping antenna. big_smile

It is very fashionable, that relaunches old versions to the new versions, when I have made the launch I give permission to attach it to the new version and so people can play it for the mobile, that is my plan.  Do not worry that the next project will be with the new version, I already want to start it hehe. tongue greetings.
hello alexandre  Does that mean I have to better integrate the snowy landscape with the level? that is, houses with snow and some sections with snow, for example? Do you notice much the contrast of one part of the mountain and on the other side a winter landscape?

I can integrate snow throughout the level, I have decided to change the things you want to say, it's easy to do  I will work on it, greetings.

What I really want to say is for you to port your game to the new engine, either now or after you release it. Not only because of the new physics, the widescreen, and the new features, but because it would be awesome to play it on mobile too. I understand you want to finish it, and that's great, but maybe you could have a second release later. Anyway I don't want to get repetitive and you've already answered.

Regarding this level, I suggest that you keep the art style consistent. You've been using Genesis-style on your other levels, so stick to it. Replacing the background entirely is a good idea. I also suggest recreating the houses.

It's up to you to decide whether this is a mountain level or a snow level. You have flowers growing abundantly in your platforms, as in spring time. So in my opinion it doesn't look right to have dense snow nearby. Perhaps you could have a bit of snow far away on the background, on top of mountains, but not too much. Alternatively, you could have snow all around. In this case, I suggest replacing the platforms accordingly. So it would be a snow level on the mountains.

I  computer science.

Play Open Surge | Learn SurgeScript | Video tutorials

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

hello alexandre  Does that mean I have to better integrate the snowy landscape with the level? that is, houses with snow and some sections with snow, for example? Do you notice much the contrast of one part of the mountain and on the other side a winter landscape?

I can integrate snow throughout the level, I have decided to change the things you want to say, it's easy to do  I will work on it, greetings.

I  computer science.

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

I  computer science.

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

I  computer science.

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

I  computer science.

Board footer