Open Surge Forum

A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2019-09-27 10:17:41

Darkcreator83
Member
Registered: 2019-09-16
Posts: 36

Sprite Art for open sourge 5.0

hello, I will be putting original objects and levels made by me, for open sourge 5.0, alexandre, if you like something you are free to use it to complete opensourge 5.0,
enjoy my sprite art. smile

Level city child brickset redesigned original

Brickset.png

Object Balance for level sunshine

balance.png
subirfoto

Image decoration brickset cascade

cascada-T1.png

Image brickset corkscrew  designed for level sunshine

torque1.png

torque-mask.png

pipes for level waterworks

pipes-waterworks.png

pipes-wasterworks-mask.png
compartir imagenes

If you edit my sprite art, post in this post please enjoy! cool

Last edited by Darkcreator83 (2019-09-27 11:02:57)

Offline

#2 2019-09-27 21:14:17

Alexandre
Administrator
From: Brazil
Registered: 2009-01-27
Posts: 3,270
Website

Re: Sprite Art for open sourge 5.0

Cool! Did you draw these all by yourself? Did you use something as a base?

I like the pipes.

The corkscrew is interesting: we had it planned for Sunshine Paradise, but it was cut from this version because we didn't have a proper rotating animation for Surge. We need the animation of Surge going through the corkscrew. Race, are you there?

Offline

#3 2019-09-28 22:05:05

Darkcreator83
Member
Registered: 2019-09-16
Posts: 36

Re: Sprite Art for open sourge 5.0

Alexandre wrote:

Cool! Did you draw these all by yourself? Did you use something as a base?

I like the pipes.

The corkscrew is interesting: we had it planned for Sunshine Paradise, but it was cut from this version because we didn't have a proper rotating animation for Surge. We need the animation of Surge going through the corkscrew. Race, are you there?


Hello alexandre, the corskrew uses the sonic 2 emerald hill base, redesigning it leaving it original, the city boy, designs an original texture, improves the reflections of the glass, now gives it a more professional touch, ice cap, sonic 3 style, The tube is also original, without using a base, the same as the balance.

If you need someone else to create sprites or levels, I can contribute my grain of sand too.:D greetings.

Last edited by Darkcreator83 (2019-09-28 22:06:55)

Offline

#4 2019-09-29 13:14:31

Alexandre
Administrator
From: Brazil
Registered: 2009-01-27
Posts: 3,270
Website

Re: Sprite Art for open sourge 5.0

Darkcreator83 wrote:

If you need someone else to create sprites or levels, I can contribute my grain of sand too.:D greetings.

Alright. Can you redesign the Waterworks pipes, but use the following color palette instead?

koni32-8x.png

This is the palette we use for Waterworks; it's called koni32. Also, can you remove the yellow strips from the corners of the pipes? smile

Thank you!

Offline

#5 2019-09-29 22:48:56

Darkcreator83
Member
Registered: 2019-09-16
Posts: 36

Re: Sprite Art for open sourge 5.0

Alexandre wrote:
Darkcreator83 wrote:

If you need someone else to create sprites or levels, I can contribute my grain of sand too.:D greetings.

Alright. Can you redesign the Waterworks pipes, but use the following color palette instead?

koni32-8x.png

This is the palette we use for Waterworks; it's called koni32. Also, can you remove the yellow strips from the corners of the pipes? smile

Thank you!

hello alexandre, Of course no problem, I use photoshop since I am professional in its use. I will make several colors and with the changes you have said, and choose the one you like best. big_smile

Offline

#6 2019-09-30 00:02:51

bennascar
Member
Registered: 2019-09-29
Posts: 1

Re: Sprite Art for open sourge 5.0

Darkcreator83 wrote:

hello, I will be putting original objects and levels made by me, for open sourge 5.0, alexandre, if you like something you are free to use it to complete opensourge 5.0,
enjoy my sprite art. smile

Level city child brickset redesigned original

Brickset.png

Object Balance for level sunshine

balance.png
subirfoto

Image decoration brickset cascade

cascada-T1.png

Image brickset corkscrew  designed for level sunshine

torque1.png

torque-mask.png

pipes for level waterworks

pipes-waterworks.png

pipes-wasterworks-mask.png
compartir imagenes

If you edit my sprite art, post in this post please enjoy! cool


The ice tileset looks less like proper sprites and more like they're textures slapped onto tile shapes. Try and make them more like sprites to fit in with the rest of the art style. (Also I tried to DM u kek)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB  hosted by tuxfamily.org