Open Surge Forum

A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2016-03-11 23:31:50

CarlosTheHedgehog

Do I save the game progress?

as most have probably played my game, I decided to put a couple of more difficult areas, and also wanted to ask this

in the game there will also be hidden easter eggs and accomplishments, the question is how you can save all files achievements and acutual game, but when you exit the game and re-open your accomplishments still be there? the game will be quite long, so ask about that, aver if there is a type of saving, in Sonic 3 to close the game and re-open, your zone, emeralds, lives and continues, still be there

my biggest greetings to all big_smile

#2 2016-03-12 17:48:30

MatheusRRR
Website

Re: Do I save the game progress?

save_level command.
create an object that creates a global variable (.levelid example) with the value of 1.
suppose you reached stage 4. If the level is equal to 4, create object ".levelid" 4 times.
after that, save the level.

understood?

#3 2016-03-13 03:29:57

CarlosTheHedgehog

MatheusRRR wrote:

save_level command.
create an object that creates a global variable (.levelid example) with the value of 1.
suppose you reached stage 4. If the level is equal to 4, create object ".levelid" 4 times.
after that, save the level.

understood?

more or less... But when you leave the game, your achievements, emblems or emeralds, will remain on your counter? suppose I have 7 emeralds and saved me progress at the end of the zone, then I close the game and I open emeralds are my earned will still be there?

#4 2016-03-13 15:04:38

MatheusRRR
Website

crear una variable global para cada cosa que quiere.
vamos a tomar como ejemplo las esmeraldas. Supongamos que tenemos 3 esmeraldas.
así que si usted tiene 3 esmeraldas la fase crea el objeto ".emerald_progress" 3 veces. puesto que el objeto creado define una variable global. Al guardar, cada vez que se carga la fase, cargará 3 objetos que definen una variable global que es ".emerald_progress" + 1.

¿tu entendiste?

Last edited by MatheusRRR (2016-03-13 15:05:31)

#5 2016-03-14 11:28:19

CarlosTheHedgehog

MatheusRRR wrote:

crear una variable global para cada cosa que quiere.
vamos a tomar como ejemplo las esmeraldas. Supongamos que tenemos 3 esmeraldas.
así que si usted tiene 3 esmeraldas la fase crea el objeto ".emerald_progress" 3 veces. puesto que el objeto creado define una variable global. Al guardar, cada vez que se carga la fase, cargará 3 objetos que definen una variable global que es ".emerald_progress" + 1.

¿tu entendiste?

I think so

Board footer