Open Surge Forum

A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2016-04-15 21:39:55

Dabura's Hitman

How I make a boss?

Hello, how I make a boss, I am referring to, with what program I can design them, and then, how I can make this boss' sprites and objets ... I have seen out there but there is no way.

#2 2016-04-16 23:13:53

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Re: How I make a boss?

Welcome Dabura's Hitman,

There's a tutorial on the wiki:
http://opensnc.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind … ustom_Boss

#3 2019-07-01 21:19:14

Dabura's Hitman

I'm working on an old mod (based in Open Sonic 0.1.4). I was studying the scheme that the script of an object has to follow. I try to modify a boss that came with the game, specifically the Eggman superboss, increasing the number of hits that must be given, but I did not find the object file of the boss

#4 2019-07-03 01:24:43

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Dabura's Hitman wrote:

I'm working on an old mod (based in Open Sonic 0.1.4). I was studying the scheme that the script of an object has to follow. I try to modify a boss that came with the game, specifically the Eggman superboss, increasing the number of hits that must be given, but I did not find the object file of the boss

Those bosses were built into the game. You need to recompile the source code to modify them.

The best approach nowadays is to pick a current version of the engine and learn SurgeScript.

#5 2019-07-03 16:09:41

Dabura's Hitman

I downloaded the source code of 0.1.4, and I was looking at the boss.h file code, in the section headed "bossprog_simplebossex ()" there are different parts of how it throws fireballs or enemies, but I do not know what part I have to change to increase the number of hits.

Regards!

#6 2019-07-04 17:59:09

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Dabura's Hitman wrote:

I downloaded the source code of 0.1.4, and I was looking at the boss.h file code, in the section headed "bossprog_simplebossex ()" there are different parts of how it throws fireballs or enemies, but I do not know what part I have to change to increase the number of hits.

Regards!

In the .c file, you'll find boss variables initial_hp & hp:

boss->initial_hp = boss->hp = 10;

After changing the variables, recompile the sources and distribute them with your game. (mark your changes)

Board footer